Getting a dog is so exciting! The amount of love you feel for them is overwhelming! So you got a puppy or adopted a dog? Now what?
Now is the time to do some obedience training! We offer dog training services in Ventura, Oxnard, Ojai, Carpinteria and Camarillo. Positive training will insure that the commitment you have just made is going to be pleasant for you and your new baby. It is important to know that not all dogs will respond to the same training style.
Did you know, that obedience training should start the day you bring your new puppy/dog home? Also, the preparation for the arrival should really be done before you go to pick up your new family member.
Teaching your puppy from the start will prevent many issues. This is when positive only training should be implemented! Positive only training takes more effort, but the results are steady and well molded into the dog.
What we really do here is training you to train your dog. Val is not just a dog trainer, she is a dog training coach for you. As you go through training sessions with Val, you will have a throughout assistance during the process. Val believes that any coaching starts with clear reasonable goals, plan of actions, and an accountability check.
We are aware, that training your dog, especially when there are initial challenges with your best friend, it can be stressful. Our goal is to make the process fun for everyone!
Call us for free consultation today!
* Please note, travel fees will apply for areas outside of Ventura (Far East Ventura, Oxnard, Ojai, Simi Valley, Port Hueneme, Thousand Oaks, Santa Barbara etc.)
1. Initial Evaluation Session (90 min) - $200
The first initial session will be held at clients home .
Session structure and what is included:
- Val will learn about your dog, your handling skills and habits. This is essential in order to determine the cause of the problem, or to avoid problems as the puppy grows older. Val will determine few things you are going to start working on right away. And the direction of the training.
- Follow up email with a detailed session recap, homework and outline of training ahead.
- Follow up phone call 15-20 min to discuss progress and challenges. And to make adjustments.
2. Single Regular training session (60 min) $ 125
One hour sessions are usually one two weeks apart or as needed. The whole session is dedicated to training.
- Follow up email with the session recap and homework.
- Follow up phone call 10-15 min to discuss progress and challenges.
For dogs that require more than a couple of sessions, training package is a great deal. Note, that package prices are paid in full at the first session or before the beginning of training followed the first session. Package only valid for 4 month since the day of purchase and doesn`t include initial session. This rule will hold you accountable for following through with training and will help your dog to receive attention it needs. Cancelled sessions with less than 24 hours notice will be applied as a full session (session lost).
1. "3 Pack" Three 60 min sessions $340 (you save $35)
This package is ideal for the dogs that have some training already or for people who have had a previous dog experience. The training sessions are packed with information and tools to achieve the goal with your dog. The sessions in the package are 1-2 weeks apart. (to allow you time to make progress). Just like individual sessions, they are followed up by an email and 15-20 minutes follow up phone call.
2. "5 Pack" Five Sessions $550 (you save $75)
This package is great for puppies or dogs that had no training experience at all. You will learn how to install behaviors, socialize, handle your dog and how to read body language to better understand your dog. Training sessions will be 1-2 weeks apart and will be each followed up an email and a follow-up phone call. Each training session is 60 min length.
3. Intensive Training Program. Twelve Sessions $1250 (you save $250)
This program is designed for dog owners, who have a busy schedule. This is a 4 weeks course, where the trainer works with the dog three days a week, teaching basic obedience, leash manners, socializes the dog and works on behavior modification. If you have a fearful, reactive or hard to control dog this program might be fore you.
Just like people, there are no two dogs who are the same. Dogs learn in different speeds. Please note, even 4 weeks program will require you to do some work, just so the learned behaviors will get stronger and unwanted behaviors will continue to extinct.
If by the end of this program your dog needs more work, sliding scale discount will be offered. All following sessions will be $70 (60 min)