Getting a dog is so exciting! The amount of love you feel for them is overwhelming! So you got a puppy or adopted a dog? Now what?
Now is the time to do some obedience training! We offer dog training services in Ventura, Oxnard, Ojai, Carpinteria, and Camarillo. Positive training will insure that the commitment you have just made is going to be pleasant for you and your new baby. It is important to know that not all dogs will respond to the same training style.
Did you know that obedience training should start the day you bring your new puppy/dog home? The preparation for the arrival should be done before you go to pick up your new family member.
Teaching your puppy from the start will prevent many issues. This is when positive only training should be implemented! Positive only training takes more effort, but the results are steady and well-molded into the dog.
What we do differently at Active Dogzz is train you to train your dog. Val is not just a dog trainer, she is a dog training coach for you. As you complete your training sessions with Val, you will have assistance throughout the training process. Val believes that all coaching starts with achievable goals, actionable plans, and an accountability check.
We are aware that training your dog - especially when there are initial challenges with your best friend - can be stressful. Our goal is to make the process fun for everyone!
Call today at (805) 248-1351 for a free consultation!
* Please note, travel fees will apply for areas outside of Ventura (Far East Ventura, Oxnard, Ojai, Simi Valley, Port Hueneme, Thousand Oaks, Santa Barbara etc.)
1. Initial Evaluation Session (90 min) - $200
The initial session will be held at the client's home.
Session structure and what's included:
- Val will learn about your dog, your handling skills, and habits. This is essential in order to determine the cause of any current issues, or avoid problems as the puppy grows older. Val will determine a few things you will begin to work on right away as well as the direction of the training.
- Follow up email with a detailed session recap, homework, and outline of training ahead.
- Follow up phone call 15-20 min to discuss progress, challenges, and recommended adjustments.
2. Single Regular training session (60 min) $125
One hour sessions are usually one to two weeks apart or as needed. The entire session is dedicated to training.
- Follow up email with the session recap and homework.
- Follow up phone call 10-15 min to discuss progress and challenges.
For dogs that require more than a couple of sessions, a training package is a great deal! Note: that package prices are paid in full at the first session or before the beginning of training following the first session. Packages are only valid for 4 months from the day of purchase and doesn't include the initial session. This rule ensures accountability with the training journey and will help your dog receive attention it needs. Cancelled sessions with less than 24 hours notice will be applied as a full session (session lost).
1. "3 Pack" Three 60 min sessions $340 (you save $35)
This package is ideal for dogs that have some training already or for people who have had a previous experience with dog training. The training sessions are packed with information and tools to achieve the your dog's training goals. The sessions in the package are 1-2 weeks apart. (to allow time for you to make progress). Just like individual sessions, they are followed up by an email and a follow up phone call.
2. "5 Pack" Five Sessions $550 (you save $75)
This package is great for puppies or dogs that have had no training experience at all. You will learn how to instill good behaviors, socialize, handle your dog, and learn how to read your dog's body language to better understand your dog. Training sessions will be 1-2 weeks apart and will be each followed up an email and a follow-up phone call. Each training session is 60 min length.
3. Intensive Training Program. Twelve Sessions $1250 (you save $250)
This program is designed for dog owners who have a busy schedule. This is a 4 week course where the trainer works with the dog three days a week teaching basic obedience, leash manners, dog socialization, and works on behavior modification. If you have a fearful, reactive, or hard to control dog this program is ideal for you!
Just like people, there are no two dogs who are the same. Dogs learn at different speeds. Please note, even a 4 week intensive program will require you to do some work so the newly learned behaviors will become second nature and unwanted behaviors will continue to fade away.
If by the end of this program your dog needs more work, a sliding scale discount will be offered. All following sessions will be $70 (60 min)